The Vector Network Analyzer, VNA-2180, measures impedance (magnitude and phase) and filter transmission in the range of 5 kHz to 180 MHz.
A PC or a Windows Tablet is used to plot parameters, such as: Impedance, SWR, Return Loss (S11) and Insertion Loss (S21)
The test frequency is generated digitally.
An analog to digital converter digitizes the raw data. This avoids non-linearity associated with diode detectors, and results in very good dynamic range and linearity for accurate magnitude and phase measurements.
The software is free and you can install it on your windows PC or tablet and play with it while in DEMO mode.
- Port A is equivalent to an antenna analyzer. (Similar to the AIM-4170C).
- Port B has a 50 ohm input impedance with return loss greater than 30 dB.
- Port B nominal dynamic range: 100 dB up to 50 MHz, 80 dB up to 160 MHz
- Programmable RF amplitude for Port A (-13 dBm to 7 dBm).
- Resistance and reactance measurements of antennas and discrete components
- Impedance measurements through filters or networks
- Markers for impedance scans and Smith charts
Parameters that can be plotted include:
- Resistance and reactance for series or parallel equivalent circuits
- Impedance magnitude and phase angle
- Return loss
- Two port network transmission (S21, magnitude and phase)
- S11 and S21 can be plotted at the same time.
- Cable length, impedance, loss, and velocity factor
- Distance to fault (open or short)
- TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry) plots
- Smith chart displays (featuring phase rotation and zoom)
- Band scan to check for interfering signals
- Quartz crystal parameter measurements
- Preprogrammed functions, such as tuning a ¼ WL stub, and many more
- I/O expansion port for accessories (digital and analog)
- Calibration loads are included
- No internal adjustments
- Optically isolated USB interface to PC
- Impedance measurements can range up to 10.000 ohms. The sign of the phase angle indicates either inductive or capacitive reactance without ambiguity.
- Power Cord
- 12VDC Power Supply
- N-Male Calibration set
- USB A to B cable
- VNA Cables
The RF generator can also be used as a signal source for testing receivers. The frequency is very stable and it can be calibrated with the WWV signal.
Digitized data is sent to the PC via an optically isolated USB port. Power for the VNA can be obtained from a small DC power supply or a battery. With a laptop computer, the unit is quite small and portable. Measurements can be made at ground level and translated as if they were at the antenna feedpoint by using the refer to antenna function.
The impedance at the antenna itself can be read with the VNA located in the shack at the receiving/transmitting end of the coax. The cable can be any length. The cable's impedance and loss characteristics are determined by a simple calibration procedure and the antenna's impedance is then plotted directly during the scan.
Numeric values can be read from the graph data using the mouse-controlled cursor.
The scan data can be saved to disk or printed to compare before and after results. It can also be imported into spreadsheet programs for further analysis.
COMPARISON WITH THE AIM4170
The VNA2180 is not a replacement for the AIM4170 or AIM4300.
Parameter VNA2180 AIM4170C
Output signal into 50 ohms 0.5Vrms (+7dBm) 0.028 Vrms (-18 dBm)
Max interference input while measuring 1.4Vrms (+16dBm) 0.1 Vrms (-7 dBm)
Programmable output level Yes No
Two ports for filter testing Yes No
Program port for accessories Yes No
Antenna & component testing Yes Yes
VNA-2180 - Two Port Vector Network Analyzer, 5 kHz to 180 MHz
- Brand: Array Solutions
- Product Code: VNA-2180
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: antenna analyzer, two-port vector network analizer, two-port vector network analyser, vna_uhf, antenna analyser, two port vector network analizer, two port vector network analyzer, vna, vna-uhf, antenna analizer, two-port vector network analyzer, two port vector network analyser, vector network analyzer, vector network analyser, antenna analiser, vnauhf, VNA-2180, vna2180