VA6AM High Performance Triplexer 200W Model VA6AM-200
Triplexer converts a single feed line from tribander, multiband vertical or wire antenna into 3 independent bands allowing to transmit and listen on different bands the same time.
It can be a valuable addition to the station in SO2R and Multi-Op contesting, Field Day operations, DX-peditions and in many other special events.
Triplexer together with band-pass filters allows you to transmit and listen on different bands simultaneously.
Filters Not Included
The idea to have a triplexer with a good isolation came to VA6AM when he realized that -27dB attenuation between 10 and 15 meter bands in my 28MHz BPF (5B4AGN design) is not sufficient number! At least -60dB is required between bands to work comfortably and safely in a SO2R single tribander 100-150 watt station setup. So, A a good triplexer should deliver 30-35dB attenuation in addition to a good BPF. We recommend the Array Solutions K7MI Caur Design 20,15, and 10m Cauer200W bandPass filters which have greater than 60 dB of attenuation in the adjacent bands. .
• 200 Watts – ICAS
• 100 Watts - 100% Duty Cycle
• Isolation is better then 30 dB
• Insertion loss less then .15 dB
• Retern loss better then 26 dB (SWR less than 1.1 dB on all bands
• Box size 8 X 6 X 3.5 inches
• SO-239 RF Connectors
Designed to enhance 15m performance and deliver better performance than all the other triplexers on the market all which suffer on the 15m band.
• The triplexer central frequency is 20MHZ. This is how a software calculated it and there is some sense to do this way to have the same isolation between 15 and 10 meter bands as it is between 15 and 20 meter bands.
• If the triplexer central frequency moved to 21MHz it will increase isolation of 20M band to -35dB and decrease 10M band isolation to -25dB.
• 15M band triplexer leg is quite wide by parameters and it allows to have good VSWR, Insertion Loss and Return Loss for this band despite the fact that triplexer tuned for 20MHz.
• On a graph below is how a good triplexer should be built. It is not a perfect shape like a software simulated design, but it is a well-balanced triplexer.
VA6AM well balanced triplexer plot taken from the the Antenna Port
Every band filter has LC traps for other bands, such as 10M HPF has LC traps for 21MHZ and 14MHz, 20M LPF has LC traps for 21MHz and 28MHz and 15M BPF has LC traps for 14MHz and 28MHz. Band traps allow to achieve a very good band isolation.
- Brand: Array Solutions
- Product Code: Triplexer VA6AM
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: bpf, bandpass, band pass, bandpass filter, band pass filter, rf filter, filter, hf filter, monoband filter, mono band filter, w3nqn, nqn, bcb reject, bcb filter, broadcast band filter, filters, BAND PASS, triplxer, TRIPLXER, Triplxer, VA6AM. va6am