Capacitive CW paddle. Magnetic bottom. USB rechargeable battery. 1/8" stereo plug for radio connection. Red.
- Electronic keyer paddles using electrostatic touch paddle technology
- Because there are no moving parts, there is no chance for improper character formation due to key contact "chatter."
- No key gap adjustment that can drift, and light touch on the contacts ensures easy dot and dash production.
- Stainless-steel gloss-finish body that will never rust.
- Anodized aluminum paddle arms that double as touch sensors are standard.
- A neodymium magnet is included in the paddle body, allowing the paddles to be held to a steel desk. An optional heavy-duty base plate will be available in the near future.
- Built-in lithium-polymer battery is included; it may be charged by a power supply (user-supplied, via USB on your PC or smart phone charger, etc.) of 5 V DC (center positive). Current consumption in "Standby" mode is less than 1 mA, and typical battery life between charges is 500 hours
The paddle output jack is a 3.5mm stereo jack configured such that the left paddle (viewed from the front) is "Dots" and the right paddle is "Dashes." A Dot/Dash reversal adapter cable is supplied, if you are accustomed to the opposite paddle configuration from the default setup. When connecting the paddle-output cable to your transceiver, remember to set the "Keyer/Paddle" menu switch on the radio to "Paddle," if your transceiver is so equipped. Some transceivers have dedicated "Paddle" or (straight) "Key" (not "Keyer") input jacks; in this case, connect the output cable from the Touch Paddle to the "Paddle" or "Key" jack.
The Power On/Off switch is located in the rear of the Touch Paddle tube, in the center above the two jacks. Press the Power switch in (momentarily) to turn the Touch Paddle on, and again to turn it off.
CTPV2RD - CW Touch Paddle Vivid Color Model - Red
- Brand: Basicomm
- Product Code: CTPV2-RD
- Availability: In Stock