Hamation RAM-34 Preamplifier System for the Low Bands.
- 4 antenna inputs
- Bandpass filters system for the 160 m - 80 m - 40 m bands with over 40 dB adjacent band attenuation
- Automatic band selection with Shacklan equipped band decoders
- +20 dB gain amplifier
- Step attenuator
- Gain adjustable from -20 dB to +20 dB in 5 dB steps
- Memory for gain settings for each antenna on each band
- Fully remote controllable
- 1 watt RF transistor for superior strong signal handling
- Anodized aluminum case
- Laser engraved panels
- Connecting the PTT is optional. When connected, the RAM-34 RX will disconnect all the receive antennas while on transmission.
- 1 dB compression: around +20 dBm
- OIP3: Around +40 dBm
- Noise Figure: Approximately 5 dB. Not relevant because on low bands the system is dominated by atmospheric noise.
The RAM-34 is a complete pre-amplifier system designed primarily for the low bands 160 m through 40 m. It has inputs for four receive antennas and internal 3-pole bandpass filters for the 160 m, 80 m and 40 m bands. In addition to the pre-amplifier, it has a step attenuator that together with the amplifier stage provides gains from -20 dB to +20 dB in 5 dB steps. This allows equalizing the signal levels between the antenna inputs. Gain settings are memorized for each antenna on each band. Different types of receive antennas have different signal levels and the gain memories eliminate the need to adjust the receiver or pre-amplifier when switching between the antennas.
The amplifier stage uses a 1 watt RF transistor that is capable of handling strong input signals without any overloading or clipping problems. This is crucial in a low band pre-amplifier where strong local signals may be present. As with all products in the Shacklan lineup, the RAM-34 may be fully remotely controlled by software. The RAM-34 is packaged in a rugged anodized aluminum case with laser engraved front and rear panels.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your radio MUST have a separate connection for receive antennas. If your transceiver does not have an RX-dedicated antenna port, we can make a custom T/R switch for you.
Shown below are plots of the internal bandpass filters.
Insertion Loss (S21) Plot on 40 m
To download the RAM-34 installation manual, click here
For installation and configuration instructions, click here
Hamation RAM-34 Pre-Amplifier System
- Brand: Hamation
- Product Code: RAM-34
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: hamation, HAMATION, ram 34, RAM-34, ram34, Low Bands Preamplifier system, low band preamp system, hamation, HAMATION, Ram-34, RAM-34, ram-34